Exafore is a privately owned software company specializing in location technology solutions and services. What makes us unique is that we have lots of different customer projects, but we are also developing Exafore Horizon, our indoor positioning system product. Our services range from extending existing systems to greenfield development but our work is always related to embedded systems or positioning technologies.
The company was established in 2015 and today we have a growing team of 30 Exaforeans. If you want to be part of an enthusiastic team that builds high quality state-of-the-art software for GNSS receivers and other systems, we are the one for you!
We are searching for an experienced SENIOR GNSS SPECIALIST to join our team!
Our office is located in Tampere. You can also work mainly remotely, if you live in Finland and are able to visit our office occasionally. We will evaluate relocation possibilities separately with every person, taking into account the pandemic related restrictions.
GPS/GNSS development at Exafore
We have almost 20 location technology professionals in our team. Some Exaforeans focus on position estimation while others work on test automation or measurement layer related development. We are truly committed to our customers and want to be proud of our work. Constant improvement and code reviews have an important role in our agile working style.
In this position you will work in GNSS receiver development related customer projects e.g. end-to-end development of a complete commercial GNSS receiver. You will also have a chance to apply your skills to other radiolocation projects such as UWB and BLE. The role can be customized according to your expertise – you can design and optimize signal processing algorithms for positioning related technologies or focus more on position estimation. Matlab is used in many of our projects but it is also common that the development is done with an existing Python or C code base. Therefore, it is important that you have strong skills in programming e.g. with Python or C language and that you have experience in modern software development practices.
Buzzwords: GPS, GNSS, DSP, PVT, Matlab, Python, C
What do you need to succeed in this position?
- Strong knowledge in GPS/GNSS receiver design including working experience in mass market GNSS receiver development – the more experience you have, the more technical responsibility we can offer you in our projects
- Solid skills in GNSS algorithm development. Signal acquisition and tracking related experience is a plus
- Strong software development skills in Python or C language
- Good communication skills in English
What can Exafore offer you?
- Meaningful and professionally challenging projects – development of our own product and long-term customer projects
- Chance to develop your software development skills and learn new things about location technologies and embedded systems by working on cutting-edge technology solutions and interacting with experienced team members
- International working environment with a good team spirit and a very flat hierarchy
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for remote work
- Extended health care services
- Lunch benefit and snacks at the office
- Exercise and culture benefit, also a membership to Hermia gym
- A fair compensation for your work, the salaries that we pay to our employees are above the software industry average in Finland
How can you join our team?
You can apply for the position by sending us a link to your LinkedIn profile or your CV through our easy-to-use recruitment system.
Our People & Culture Specialist Rita Raittila (email@example.com, 050 330 7543) is happy to answer any questions you might have about our recruitment process or working at Exafore in general. In case you have more technical questions, you can reach out to our Director of Business Development Ilkka Saastamoinen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to hearing from you!