Exafore is a Finnish technology company specializing in location technology solutions and services, especially GNSS receiver development. We are looking for a SENIOR GNSS SPECIALIST to join our team in Finland, to develop state-of-the-art GNSS solutions for our customers. This is a great job opportunity if you want to work in a very flexible work community, advance your GNSS knowledge and solve real-life problems.
Our office is located in Tampere, Finland. You can choose to work mainly remotely, if you live in Finland and can visit our office on rare occasions. If you need to relocate to Finland, we can offer you help and some monetary support for organizing your relocation. Unfortunately, we cannot offer remote work opportunities in other countries than Finland.
YOUR ROLE AS A SENIOR GNSS SPECIALIST
- You will have an independent role where you work in a close cooperation with other Exaforeans and our customer’s R&D team on customer-specific GNSS receiver development project
- You will design, implement, verify and optimize GNSS algorithms
- Typically, you work with an existing code base either designing new features or improving existing ones
- Also, supporting other team members and taking a larger responsibility in technical development work. You can also work in a principal level role and take even larger responsibility of our team’s work
- Depending on your skills and interests, you may choose to focus more on the measurement layer or positioning layer related development of GNSS receivers
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Earlier experience (preferably +5 years) in GPS/GNSS receiver design including working experience in mass market GNSS receiver development
- Solid programming skills in C/C++ preferably in resource restricted (embedded) contexts or Python. We appreciate Matlab experience but unfortunately, all our open positions require more extensive programming skills
- Experience in agile software development practices and modern tools such as Scrum and Git, for example
- Programming experience in an embedded real-time environment
- Good communication skills in English
OUR TEAM AND GNSS PROJECTS
- Exafore was established in 2015 and today we have a growing multinational team of 30 Exaforeans. We have had different radiolocation projects over the years, but our greatest specialty lies in the end-to-end development of complete commercial GNSS receivers. Most of us work in GNSS algorithm development (Measurement Engine and Position Engine), software development or test automation related positions in GNSS projects. Our team size varies but usually, there are from 2 to 10 Exaforeans who work in the same GNSS project.
- At the moment we have a few GNSS development related customer projects going on e.g. GNSS receiver development for IoT applications. Usually, our GNSS clients are semiconductor or automotive industry companies. Regardless of what will be your first project at Exafore, you will work with other experienced GNSS professionals who are ready to help you in your new role.
WHAT CAN EXAFORE OFFER YOU?
Flexible and caring organizational culture in a privately owned Finnish technology company: We are a very professional yet relaxed multinational work community with a flat hierarchy and a good atmosphere
Great work-life balance: Flexible working hours and great opportunities for working remotely in Finland
Wide career opportunities: What makes us unique is that we have different customer projects related to location technologies and embedded systems, but we are also developing Exafore Horizon, our indoor positioning system product
Fair annual leave policy: 2.5 days annual leave accrual per month from the beginning of employment and lots of flexibility to arrange your leaves
- Extended healthcare services
- Lunch benefit and snacks at the office
- Exercise and culture benefit, also a membership to Hermia gym
- A possibility to arrange and participate in different team activities supported by Exafore
Fair compensation for your work: The salaries that we pay to our employees are above the software industry average in Finland
HOW CAN YOU JOIN OUR TEAM?
You can apply for the position by approaching us through our easy-to-use recruitment system on our career pages.
Our People & Culture Specialist Rita Raittila (email@example.com, 050 330 7543) is happy to answer any questions you might have about our recruitment process or working at Exafore in general. In case you have technical questions about the role or our projects, you can reach out to our Director of Business Development Ilkka Saastamoinen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to hearing from you!